July 31, 2020 – The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) has announced that starting August 4, they will allow ONLINE TESTING with PearsonVUE for Real Estate and CAM state licensing exams.
In conjunction with our LarsonLIVE education programs, this means that students can now complete their required licensing education, their exam prep education and the state licensing exam ALL online without ever setting foot on our campus or at a testing center.
While the online testing parameters I’ve outlined below appear quite stringent, getting a Florida real estate or CAM license has never been this convenient.
ADDITIONAL ONLINE STATE TESTING INFORMATION
- The platform is called “OnVUE”
- Scheduling or rescheduling exams is done directly with the testing company, PearsonVUE. They can be contacted at 888.204.6289.
- The scheduling for OnVUE online testing will become available on August 4.
- You can see a video demo of the OnVUE online testing at this link – OnVUE Testing Video
- Similar to testing at an exam center, online proctored testing requires that you be monitored by a proctor while you take your exam. Monitoring will be conducted through your microphone and webcam.
- Before starting the exam, you will need to complete a self-check-in process. You will be prompted to take a headshot photo and a picture of your identification card or driver’s license. You will also be asked to take four photos of your work area.
- Please ensure that your desktop is clean and that you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, pencils, and other writing instruments.
- Additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off. Items on the wall with writing on them, such as whiteboards, will be inspected.
- If your workspace does not pass a room scan, you will not be permitted to proceed with taking the exam.
- Your computer will be locked down once you start your exam. You will not be able to access the internet or use other software applications while taking an exam.
- A candidate will NOT be able to leave the room or move from the proctor’s view once the exam starts. Additionally, no one is allowed to enter the room where the exam is being taken.
- During the online exam session, you are not allowed to use exam-specific materials and are not permitted to use scratch paper, erasable whiteboards, a calculator, or any other physical writing objects such as a pen, marker, or pencil.
- The exam does have a built-in calculator and whiteboard feature.
Please keep in mind that as much as we would like to help exam applicants move their exam dates to this new online testing system, our Career Counselors do not have access to the PearsonVUE scheduling system nor can we modify your exam dates. Any additional questions you have about the OnVUE testing platform, or questions about scheduling or rescheduling of your exams, must be directed to PearsonVUE by calling 888.204.6289.
Thank you for continuing to make Larson Educational Services your School of Choice! Stay safe out there! ~ Brad Larson