Out of an abundance of caution for student and staff safety, both Larson Educational Services’ offices will be CLOSED Monday, November 9, 2020. It is our policy to follow the decisions of the Lee County and Collier County school districts regarding storm related closures, and both districts have announced that they will be closed on Monday for Hurricane/Tropical Storm Eta. We plan on reopening with regular hours on Tuesday, November 10. If you have questions about anything, please send an email to info@LarsonEd.com or visit our website by clicking the button below. Stay safe!
October News and Announcements
October 13, 2020In an effort to protect the health, safety and well-being of our students, staff, instructors and local communities, classroom offerings will continue to be suspended through the end of December. We do, however, have outstanding online streaming instructor-led courses available through our LarsonLIVE platform if you prefer to get started on your education right away.
We are reopening our in-person classroom courses starting in January 2021.
Click a link below to view our course schedules:
- Real Estate Sales Associate and Broker PRE-Licensing
- Real Estate Sales Associate and Broker POST-Licensing
- Real Estate Continuing Education
- CAM Pre-Licensing
- Mortgage Pre-Licensing
WAYS WE’RE KEEPING YOU SAFE WHILE ATTENDING A CLASSROOM COURSE:
We've raised the standard at every point in your education journey by putting measures in place to keep you safe and give you more peace of mind. Even though education may look a little different now, we're here to help you prepare for your class, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.
We’ve Got You Covered At Every Step
- Making Space – Classroom capacity is being limited with greater distances between you and your classmates.
- Sanitization – We're using high-grade disinfectant in high-touch areas and are frequently wiping down high-touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Filtering Air – Hospital grade air filters are utilized throughout our HVAC systems.
- Single-Use Extras – Complimentary coffee and water stations are designed for single-use cups and condiments. Please do not dispense water or coffee into personal cups, mugs or bottles.
You can reach out to one of our friendly Career Counselors at info@LarsonEd.com or (239) 344-7510 if you need assistance with choosing a course platform, talking through the licensing or renewal process or if you simply want to speak with someone who is kind, caring and ready to help.
The entire LarsonEd family looks forward to serving our students now and when we return to campus again. We promise to deliver more than just credits…education you will enjoy! Stay safe out there! ~ Brad Larson
LarsonLIVE Instructor-Led Online Courses
We now have a number of courses available in our LarsonLIVE platform. These courses are INSTRUCTOR-LED, online and on demand video education. Complete at your own pace, but with our LarsonEd instructor team teaching you every step of the way.
Each class unit contains embedded videos, like the image of what you see above, to walk you through the course material in detail. The instructors will provide examples and stories to help teach key points.
The course workbooks are available for curbside pickup at our Fort Myers and Naples campus locations or they can be shipped priority mail for $18. If you'd like to learn more, just click a link below for the course that you are interested in:
LarsonLIVE REAL ESTATE COURSES:
- 63 Hour Sales Associate Pre Licensing
- Sales Associate State Exam Prep
- 45 Hour Sales Associate Post Licensing
- 14 Hour Real Estate Continuing Education
- 72 Hour Broker Pre Licensing
- 60 Hour Broker Post Licensing
LarsonLIVE CAM COURSES:
- 8 Hour Mortgage Continuing Education (FL and MN) – Due to NMLS requirements, this webinar course is completed in real time with live online instruction
Happy Monday! We’re excited to share that we recently made some upgrades to our online LarsonLIVE 63 Hour Sales Associate Pre-Licensing Course. Here’s a short video with Dave Larson highlighting our recent changes to the course – https://vimeo.com/457004684/f5017e9a42
Larson Educational Services has an excellent online VIDEO ON DEMAND alternative to our classroom courses. The Florida 63 Hour Sales Associate Pre-License Online INSTRUCTOR-LED Course includes all 63 hours of required education to obtain your Florida Real Estate Sales Associate license.
This online INSTRUCTOR-LED course combines lessons that students can review at their own pace, hundreds of sample questions, embedded videos, supplemental resources and exams that measure student understanding of the material.
- 15 unique class units covering all the “need-to-know” information for the exams.
- On Demand Video instruction (like you see in the video above) from our expert teaching team. Each class unit contains embedded videos to walk you through the course material in detail. The instructors will provide examples and stories to help teach key points, and help you build a foundation of knowledge that will not only help you prepare for your exams, but also help you get off to a fast start in your career.
- 400+ page course workbook with detailed content, sample questions and a glossary containing all the important terms and definitions. The course workbook is available for pickup at our Fort Myers and Naples campuses. The course workbook is also provided to you as a downloadable eBook within the online course platform.
- Pickup of course workbook is available 5-days per week at our Fort Myers (Royal Palm Square – 1400 Colonial Blvd, Suite 44) and Naples (13040 Livingston Rd, Suite 12) campus locations. After purchasing this course, please call one of our Career Counselors at (239) 344-7510 to schedule your pickup. Shipping of the workbook is also available for $18. Pickup times are Mon-Fri 9am-11:30am and 12:30pm-3:30pm.
- 1-year tuition policy allows you to watch, read, review and study your course materials for up to 1-year.
July 31, 2020 – The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) has announced that starting August 4, they will allow ONLINE TESTING with PearsonVUE for Real Estate and CAM state licensing exams.
In conjunction with our LarsonLIVE education programs, this means that students can now complete their required licensing education, their exam prep education and the state licensing exam ALL online without ever setting foot on our campus or at a testing center.
While the online testing parameters I’ve outlined below appear quite stringent, getting a Florida real estate or CAM license has never been this convenient.
ADDITIONAL ONLINE STATE TESTING INFORMATION
- The platform is called “OnVUE”
- Scheduling or rescheduling exams is done directly with the testing company, PearsonVUE. They can be contacted at 888.204.6289.
- The scheduling for OnVUE online testing will become available on August 4.
- You can see a video demo of the OnVUE online testing at this link – OnVUE Testing Video
- Similar to testing at an exam center, online proctored testing requires that you be monitored by a proctor while you take your exam. Monitoring will be conducted through your microphone and webcam.
- Before starting the exam, you will need to complete a self-check-in process. You will be prompted to take a headshot photo and a picture of your identification card or driver’s license. You will also be asked to take four photos of your work area.
- Please ensure that your desktop is clean and that you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, pencils, and other writing instruments.
- Additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off. Items on the wall with writing on them, such as whiteboards, will be inspected.
- If your workspace does not pass a room scan, you will not be permitted to proceed with taking the exam.
- Your computer will be locked down once you start your exam. You will not be able to access the internet or use other software applications while taking an exam.
- A candidate will NOT be able to leave the room or move from the proctor’s view once the exam starts. Additionally, no one is allowed to enter the room where the exam is being taken.
- During the online exam session, you are not allowed to use exam-specific materials and are not permitted to use scratch paper, erasable whiteboards, a calculator, or any other physical writing objects such as a pen, marker, or pencil.
- The exam does have a built-in calculator and whiteboard feature.
Please keep in mind that as much as we would like to help exam applicants move their exam dates to this new online testing system, our Career Counselors do not have access to the PearsonVUE scheduling system nor can we modify your exam dates. Any additional questions you have about the OnVUE testing platform, or questions about scheduling or rescheduling of your exams, must be directed to PearsonVUE by calling 888.204.6289.
Thank you for continuing to make Larson Educational Services your School of Choice! Stay safe out there! ~ Brad Larson
JULY 22, 2020 – In an effort to protect the health, safety and well-being of our students, staff, instructors and local communities, we are temporarily suspending live classroom offerings until further notice.
All students registered for a classroom start date of August 3 or later will be automatically transferred to our online instructor-led platform, LarsonLIVE. All courses at Larson Educational Services are available online via on demand video instruction or a self-study format.
Every step we have taken, from closing our campuses in mid-March to the more recent plans to phase in our campus reopening, has been made with an abundance of caution and with the health and safety of our staff, instructors, and students as our top priority. We very simply cannot in good conscience provide in-person education to groups of adult learners until the risk of infection is greatly diminished. It is a risk that we do not need to take, especially when we have fantastic online alternatives for people to utilize our educational services.
We are committed to helping all students throughout this time as you pursue your new career, complete required continuing education, or prepare for your state licensing exam.
Our professional team has distilled 40+ years of leadership in live education to create the most comprehensive and user-friendly online courses available anywhere. And because we believe so much in the power of personal contact, we have expanded the ways to be in touch:
- We have greatly improved our QUALITY of online education with the introduction of LarsonLIVE.
- This learning platform combines the best of both education worlds: Professionalvideo training featuring our top-rated instructor team combined with a USER-FRIENDLY online platform.
- Students can review the course material and videos, Sample Exams and course workbook at your OWN PACE and on your own schedule.
- ECONOMICAL self-study online courses
- Our own CUSTOM-DESIGNED workbooks that coincide perfectly with instructor presentations
- Hundreds of sample questions and explanations for SUCCESS on all exams
- Direct email ACCESS to our instructor team, including authors and founders
- COACHING and review sessions with our instructors
- FRIENDLY Career Counselors
- FLEXIBLE enrollment and tuition policy:
- Easily TRANSFER tuition you’ve already paid to other products or courses.
- For those students who have already purchased a classroom course starting on August 3 or after, we’ve EXTENDED the time to use those funds for a future classroom course up to 2 years.
When purchasing one of our online courses, students have direct access to our instructor team at instructor@LarsonEd.com for answering content-related questions, help in reviewing course curriculum and coaching for test prep. You can also reach out to one of our friendly Career Counselors at info@LarsonEd.com or (239) 344-7510 if you need assistance with choosing a course platform, talking through the licensing process or if you simply want to speak with someone who is kind, caring and ready to help.
The entire LarsonEd family looks forward serving our students now and when we return to campus again. We promise to deliver more than just credits…education you will enjoy! Stay safe out there! ~ Brad Larson
For the 2020 calendar year, the 8 Hour FL and MN SAFE Comprehensive: Continuing Education Course through Larson Educational Services will be offered as a live online streaming webinar course. This allows you to attend our course from the comfort of home or the office while still receiving our same great education. Cal Walls is the instructor for Florida courses (course ID 11959) and Jerry Anderson for Minnesota courses (course ID 11960).
Course tuition is just $99 per student.
This course is designed to ensure students understand the Federal laws, such as RESPA, ECOA and TILA, in order to operate legally and ethically. Students will learn the requirements for delivery of the Integrated Disclosures, and general requirements for the Closing Disclosure. We’ll explain how the CFPB supervises and examines financial service providers, and how to recognize types of mortgage fraud schemes and crimes. We’ll also cover the FL-OFR and MN-DOC defined topics.
We will be utlizing a streaming education platform called REcampusLIVE, which can host up to 100 attendees at one time. The platform allows for synchronous audio and video presentation, as well as a chat box feature for communication between students, instructors, and facilitators. Our video presentation component will include a live feed of our instructor as well as the PowerPoint slides. You can see a demo of one of our real estate classes on this platform at this link – https://vimeo.com/404175434/3324b3ee9e.
The verifying of full attendance of our students will be accomplished with multiple features.
All students will have to register individually to attend the class, using their full name, phone number and email address. Each student will receive a personal event attendance URL. Students are not allowed to share this personal URL and there can only be one participant within a session using this URL.
- LOG IN:
Students must log in to the class no more than 20 minutes after the class start time. We can not provide credit to students who log in later than 20 minutes after start time.
- ONGOING MONITORING:
Our streaming platform has a feature called “Presence Manager” that allows for automatic reminders to students to ensure they are still present in the class and includes automatic logouts based on certain parameters. We will confirm presence 2-3 times per hour. Students who have 2 or more logouts will not receive credit. NMLS does not allow for partial credit to be given so any student who has 2 or more logouts during the 8 hour course will have to complete the entire 8 hour course on another class date.
- END-OF-COURSE ASSESSMENT:
Our 25-question final exam will be administered utilizing the “polling” feature in the REcampusLIVE platform. This will allow us to display each question individually, allow students to read and then answer the question within 15-30 seconds. If the poll shows that 100% of students got the question correct, we will simply move on to the next question. If we see incorrect answers selected, the instructor will quickly review the question content to further the understanding of the students regarding the question topic. This should take about 20 minutes to facilitate.
Call us today with any questions
Florida Gulf Coast University’s RESTART SWFL initiative has granted the first Seals of Confidence to 15 businesses (including Larson Educational Services). The Seal of Confidence is designed to bring a renewed sense of assurance to customers.
Displaying the seal signifies that a business owner has pledged to adhere to a set of four standards involving health, business and ethical practices and has participated in two business- or health-related discussions.
Larson Educational Services has taken the following pledge:
- To meet or exceed current CDC guidelines for best public health practices, and ensure all employees are committed to upholding these guidelines for the safety of all.
- To be vigilant in monitoring and promptly addressing matters that concern the health of customers and employees.
- To charge fair-market prices for goods and services.
- To apply sound ethical principles to business activities with utmost honesty and integrity.
- SOME TESTING CENTERS REOPEN MAY 1
PearsonVUE Testing Centers (for real estate and CAM exams), as well as Prometric Testing Centers (for mortgage exams) have reopened May 1. Testing is available in limited locations and capacities, and with new health and safety requirements.
Read PearsonVUE’s health and safety requirements
Read Prometric’s health and safety requirements
- REAL ESTATE LICENSE RENEWAL DATE EXTENDED TO JUNE 1
On April 30, the DBPR announced that they are extending the license renewal date to June 1 for those who originally had a March 31 date, which was subsequently extended to April 30. As of April 30, there were approximately 17,000 real estate license holders in Florida who had not yet renewed.
Click the following links if you fall into that category and still need CONTINUING EDUCATION or still need POST LICENSING EDUCATION.
- LarsonLIVE ON DEMAND INSTRUCTOR-LED COURSES
We are hopeful to be back in the classroom soon, but as of today we do not expect that to happen for at least a few more weeks.
However, we now have a number of our courses available in our online LarsonLIVE platform. The courses are instructor-led with Larson instructors, video based and can be completed on your own schedule.
Just click a link down below for more information.
EXCITING UPDATE from LarsonEd: We are currently working on getting all of our classroom courses DBPR approved for “Live Streaming.” What this means is that even if our students are not able to physically attend class at our Fort Myers or Naples campus, they’d be able to complete their education while still experiencing our awesome instructors and curriculum in real time! Same instructors, same curriculum, same customer service, same awesome experience. But all from the comfort of home.
Our plan is to be able to launch this new capability by the time our classes start back up on April 13, 2020. This plan includes ALL of our current classroom courses:
- 63 Hour Sales Associate Pre Licensing
- 45 Hour Sales Associate Post Licensing
- Real Estate Licensing Exam Prep
- 72 Hour Broker Pre Licensing
- 60 Hour Broker Post Licensing
- 14 Hour Real Estate CE
- 16 Hour CAM Pre Licensing
- 15 Hour CAM CE
- 20 Hour Mortgage Pre-Licensing
We’ll definitely keep you updated as we make progress on this and we’ll share how to get signed up for these classes as they become available. Stay tuned! ~ Brad Larson