If you have decided to hold an open house, these simple staging tips can help increase your odds of finding a buyer and/or finding a prospect who will be interested in another property:
1. Arrive early to stage the property.
This is to ensure that you have all the time you need to take care of the following items. You absolutely must be at the property early.
2. Remove all vehicles from the driveway.
And if it’s possible, get the neighbors to help you out by not parking in front of the house. This keeps the property looking as clean and fresh as possible.
3. Open all the drapes, blinds, and window coverings.
Natural light is your best friend for a home showing—let it in.
4. Turn on every light in the house.
However, keep an ear out for lights that produce noise. It’s best to leave these off.
5. Turn on soft music on each floor to help set a relaxing mood.
This is to help make people feel comfortable in the house, something that will make them more likely to envision themselves in the space, and more likely to purchase the home.
6. Have four-color flyers available filled with quality photos and reasons for a buyer to purchase the home.
7. Put out flyers that contain financing options so buyers can readily determine their monthly mortgage payment.
8. If you are so inclined, and budget permitted, serve refreshments and snacks.
As you can see, the majority of these tips pertain to keeping prospects comfortable in the home and giving them the information necessary for them to make the purchase.
How to Handle Expired Listings
Larson Educational Services
1400 Colonial Blvd. Suite 44
Fort Myers, FL 33907