Public Speaking Advice Pt. 1–Florida Real Estate School
Welcome to part 1 in Florida real estate school Larson Educational Services’ 3-part series on successful public speaking!
Public speaking is a necessary skill for every professional, but real estate professionals especially must be adept speakers because garnering trust and confidence will help you increase your sales.
In this part we are going to focus on the eye and how successful public speakers present themselves visually.
The Eye Factor
- The first step to establishing trust and credibility is to “speak” to the listeners’ eyes. Choreograph what they SEE!
- Dress appropriately. Concentrate especially around the face and the feet
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early
- Double check to be sure that supplies and equipment are in place and working
- Use the wide felt-tipped markers (primarily blue and black) to write your name on the whiteboard
- List the schedule on the board, including break times
- Upright posture and natural movement convey confidence. Stand tall with shoulders back and stomach in. Practice standing in the “ready” position – lean forward, flex knees, balls of your feet, hands and arms forward.
- Exude confidence when you greet people. Look in their eyes
- Make friends with the back row
- Smile a warm smile and use open gestures as you lay out the ground rules.
- Start the presentation on time
- Welcome the audience and introduce yourself. Answer the question “Why should I listen to you?”
- Make sure everyone is “on the right plane”
Follow this advice to better present yourself as an adept public speaker. Check back next time for part 2!
About Larson Educational Services:
Utilizing 30 years of real estate training and professional education experience, Florida real estate school Larson Educational Services is the premier provider of Florida real estate licensing, exam preparation, post-licensing, CAM licensing, mortgage loan originator licensing, and continuing education in Southwest Florida. Classes are available in Fort Myers, Naples, Sarasota, and online.
Larson Educational Services
1400 Colonial Blvd. Suite 44
Fort Myers, FL 33907