Keys to Effective Advertising for Buyers
Institutional Advertising – Marketing – Image Advertising
Your goal with advertising to buyers is to create a favorable image and differentiation. But be careful because most consumers choose an agent based on a personal referral rather than a bus bench or billboard. Especially if that billboard looks like this:
|Photo credits: torontocondos.com|
With specific advertising, you are trying to stimulate activity on a specific property. Therefore, once a property is listed, it’s time to get to work finding a buyer.
The A.I.D.A. Approach to Advertising
The A.I.D.A. approach to advertising dates back many years, and is a useful guide for anyone who needs to write a sales ad, especially agents with little or no ad-writing experience.
Attention: Write a headline that describes the number one feature of the property to sell them on reading the ad
- Word combinations
- Typefaces and layouts
Interest: Once you get their attention you need to cultivate interest
- Connect the opening line to the headline; get to the point of the headline immediately
- Use short sentences, and punchy words
- Don’t lead with numbers; the decision comes from the heart
- Don’t talk about special offers or discounts at this point
Desire: Create excitement by appealing to the senses
- List a benefit for every feature
- Use clear and concise language
- Build mental images
- Establish the credibility of your claims
Action: Convince them to make a purchase
- Be convincing without being pushy
- Call to action — Be clear about the step to take
- The TV pros offer a special price and place a time-limit on it to get them to act NOW!
Follow these rules for effective advertising and you will be selling more homes in no time.
About Larson Educational Services:
Utilizing 30 years of real estate training and professional education experience, Florida real estate school Larson Educational Services is the premier provider of Florida real estate licensing, exam preparation, post-licensing, CAM licensing, mortgage loan originator licensing, and continuing education in Southwest Florida. Classes are available in Fort Myers, Naples, Sarasota, and online.
Larson Educational Services
1400 Colonial Blvd. Suite 44
Fort Myers, FL 33907