What Buyers Look for in Agents–Florida Real Estate School
Buyers, especially first time buyers, will be looking for a number of specific qualities in an agent that will guide them through the process of buying a home. Consider the needs of the buyer when showing them homes.
What do buyers look for in an agent when selecting and showing properties?
- Buyers want you to perceive their physicalandemotional needs…listen
- A good Realtor helps in narrowing down the field of what I’m looking for, not just the agent’s own listings
- Use technology to do the research on the houses first so we don’t have to waste time looking at places we have no chance of buying
As an agent, you need to know which homes will emotionally destroy your clients.
- Save time by knowing and previewing the properties in ‘my’ criteria
- Buyers want to get property information readily. Give me information. I want to see MLS descriptions and comparables and neighborhood information.
Have knowledge of the market: price and terms
Have knowledge of the area: schools, stores, traffic, taxes
Don’t rush the buyer so much he buys the wrong house
Buyers want you to point out features, including negatives
“The location is great on this one, but I’ll be honest: it’s just a rock with a hole for a door.”
- Buyers don’t want you to always agree with them. Suggest options and give advice.
If you embody these traits for buyers, you will be well on your way to meeting their needs and selling more homes in the process. Win-win!
About Larson Educational Services:
Utilizing 30 years of real estate training and professional education experience, Florida real estate school Larson Educational Services is the premier provider of Florida real estate licensing, exam preparation, post-licensing, CAM licensing, mortgage loan originator licensing, and continuing education in Southwest Florida. Classes are available in Fort Myers, Naples, Sarasota, and online.
Larson Educational Services
1400 Colonial Blvd. Suite 44
Fort Myers, FL 33907